Sunday, January 15, 2012

Just a note.

Not long ago, a close friend passed away. I am reaching the age now where that is not as rare an occurrence as it once was. This is different. This time my friend decided to hurry up the process and took his own life. I have experienced the death of friends and family in many forms. But suicide is a new one for me. Wrapping this one around my simple mind has been, to this date, unsuccessful. I feel somehow injured by the event. He didn't just take his life, he took himself away from friends and family and me. I have decided that the famous opening song to "Mash" is surely wrong. Suicide is not painless.

I don't want to spend a lot of time on this except to say, no matter how tough things are or seem to be, why not just wait and see? How much worse can tomorrow be than today? And tomorrow, if you are still here, you haven't hurt anyone; not even yourself.

2 comments:

Cofgod said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjV4nHYoj48&feature=related

Here's a link to the original, beautiful MASH theme for those who may be unfamiliar.

And for those who may prefer a little more upbeat version of "Suicide is Painless" here's a link to the slightly bizarre version by The Ventures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWxnQWvZztw

Anonymous said...

Condolences sometimes inner pain is so overwhelming.